Planting Day

Muggy and hot here today so I decided to check out a few gardening centres in town. We planted all of the perennials last week (or was it the week before?) leaving this weekend for the annuals. I have just run out of any imagination when it comes to choosing annuals. After picking everything out for the kitchen, then choosing all the perennials my brain is tired. So pink Begonia's it is. Four flats which I hope will fill the gardens and some New Guinea Impatience for the pot by the garage doors. I have five other pots planted with Lobelia and a hanging Geranium on the back deck. The side garden we left as it is. Planted there were hosta's, iris's and lily of the valley. The hosta's are very large as they were planted 25 years ago.

I love lily of the valley. My parents had two large beds of it under their lilac tress. Our first cat Linus loved to lay in it on a hot afternoon. He smelt lovely afterwords!

It is supposed to rain tomorrow but turn nicer for Sunday. Our local curling club is having a huge yard sale at their rink tomorrow so we thought we would go. Chuck likes to look for vintage electronics and I like to look for antique kitchen things and books.

I hope you all have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by. I appreciate it!

Comments

  1. Okay, that's a lot of annuals. As much as I'd love a large space to garden, I don't think I'd want to do the work. No, I'd want a landscaping company to come in and design it, put in perennial bed, etc. etc. and just leave me with the enjoyment of it all. Have fun! LOL.

    And have fun looking for great bargains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of work but I do enjoy it. I'm about half way done now. I just took a break for lunch. I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

      Delete
  2. shame about the weather for tomorrow, as I am looking after our own little germ factory and staying at her house overnight. There is nothing better for her than letting her run around outside.

    Enjoy the yard sale, and take photos of what you buy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather here turned out great! Hopefully it is your way to Gill. I will post our bargins.

      Delete
  3. Planting all those plants will keep you busy for a while. : ) It is fun work though.
    Hope you find some goodies tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been kept busy for quite awhile! I do enjoy gardening though. I would rather be outside then in.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts