Thursday, June 4, 2015

A Gorgeous Day



Just a quick post today. It is a picture perfect day so I want to get out and enjoy it. I went down to the Farmer's Market this morning and purchased some rhubarb and plan to make a pie and other yummy things from it. As Chuck does not share my love of rhubarb I will make him a blueberry pie to enjoy.

Thank you for the lovely comments about our kitchen. I can't believe it is ours!

Enjoy your day!

                                                                  Robin

6 comments:

  1. Mmm, rhubarb pie! Mom used to make it; we had two big patches of rhubarb behind the house in Gaspé. I rather enjoyed hacking off the ends with a super-sharp knife. Whack, switch ends, whack. LOL. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also had two big patches at my parent's house. They were originally from my grandparent's farm so I imagine they were 50+ years old. As kids we would take a bowl of sugar out to the garden, hack off a piece of rhubarb and dunk it in sugar. Tart but yummy! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was a lovely day with plenty of sun and not too, to hot for me!! By the way I used to do that with rhubarb, dunk it in sugar when we were kids as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too hot here either Gill. Glad you had a good day!

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you had a pretty day. We are sure due to have one.
    Hope you found some rhubarb and enjoyed eating it.
    Like the quote!! So true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the baby porcupine too. We are getting some rain today but we could use it!

      Delete

"Peaceful, Easy Feeling"

The last photos from Kim's visit last week. We drove along the Trent River and found this lovely spot. The water was shallow in here s...