Oh, I hate the heat!

Hot, hot day today with many more days to come. I am thankful for the air-conditioning but I hate being cooped up in the house.  We did go out yesterday for a quick jaunt but we were home by noon and into the cool house.
 Lots of hay being cut now. Interesting to see the traditional square bales instead of the big round ones.


 Quite a number of old farms along this road although a few have disappeared over the last few years. I love the old barns.


 Soybeans are still very green. The next few photos were taken on our walk this morning.
 This is the former corn field just down the road from us that is being turned into houses. The dirt piles look like pyramids.
 Foggy a bit this morning too.
 Poor Stone House in the distance. Yes, it is still standing!
 I do love these flowers. They even look pretty when they have gone to seed.
 I have no idea what this flower is but there was a large bed of them.
This silly rabbit was on the edge of our yard when I got up this morning. I love the expression on his face.
I hope you are enjoying your Sunday. Stay cool and hydrated if you are in the heat. Take care.

Comments

  1. The photo of the mist lying over the field is my favourite of all the lovely pics today. The dirt piles look like a child's drawing of mountains. So neat what one can find to photograph. I wish I'd remember to TAKE MY CAMERA ALONG WHEN I GO OUT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only remember to take my camera the odd time when we go for our morning walk. When we go out to do errands etc.. It is always in my purse. I carry a LARGE purse (Chuck calls it my sack) so I have plenty of room for everything.

      Delete
  2. I love the misty shot with the stone house the most of them all; there's just something so atmospheric about low-lying fog. The neat thing about always having a camera on hand is that even if you take the same route every day, as I do, there's always something different -- something will catch your eye that didn't before, or the light will be *just so*. :-)

    I also love old barns -- the smell of them, the dust motes in the air, the old, cracked leather harnesses and other tack....When I was a young girl in Gaspe I used to ask one of our neighbours, Mr. Dougie, if I could explore in his old barn. It was adjacent to our own property at the back and there were crabapple trees nearby too, I recall.

    Anyway, it's wicked hot here too and I'm not moving around too much this afternoon! At least the office has ac, though they'll probably turn it off tomorrow afternoon to "conserve" energy. *Rolling my eyes*

    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, it's my favourite too. There always seems to be something to take photos of. I also noticed today a few changing leaves on the trees.
      I do love old barns too. Many of my Dads side of the family are farmers so I had access to many barns growing up. Each one was a little different. My Opa's had originally kept chickens so his was set up one way, while one of my uncles grew apples so he had a large cold storage in his barn. Another uncle kept horses and yet another grew tobacco. All great barns.
      With the hydro rates cheaper today I did some baking. Yes crazy I know! Stay cool too Kim and give the boys a snuggle for me. Can't wait to meet you all!

      Delete
    2. Don't hold your breath to meet Derry. LOL. He'll likely be under the bed and out of sight, or, if he's in the garden, hiding under a hosta the entire time.

      Nicki, however, will want the attention that is due him, of course. :-)

      Delete
    3. I did remember that Derry is shy. Our cat Sam was like that with men except Chuck of course. She was his baby.

      Delete
  3. Great photos! love the flowers that have gone to seed, they would make a pretty dried flower display! Happy new week to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Summer, Thanks! I thought that too. Happy week to you too.

      Delete
  4. We have both kinds of baled hay here too. Something about a field of baled hay makes me smile. The low hanging clouds look just like here!! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I do love a field of baled hay too. We feel very fortunate to live near farms and to be able to see things like this everyday.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts