Happy Ending.

 After a not very happy start to the week with the news of my cousin Elizabeth's imminent passing we were very happy to receive some wonderful news from Chuck's cousin Chaya. She called yesterday (she lives in Connecticut) and had just had the results of some recent tests and her cancer is in remission. She looks and feels better than she has in a few years. We are so thankful!
 I still can't get rid of my potted plants! This geranium has been hanging on the back deck since the first week of May and still looks pretty good.
 The neighbour behind us always has beautiful window boxes and this is the one outside her garage window. She changes them with the seasons.
 We are continuing to enjoy all the wildlife that comes to the feeders. The baby squirrels are becoming very tame not even stopping eating when we come in the backyard.
 I love this photo! I imagine he is yelling " Are you looking at me?"
 We got home from our walk yesterday morning and were about to sit down to breakfast and we saw this. Toby sitting on top of the fence! We've never seen him up there before. I didn't want to call to him,  scare him and make him fall so we kept an eye on him and he eventually jumped down.
 A couple of cookies were forgotten in a container on the counter so I crumbled them up and put them under one of the bird feeders. I turned to walk back in the house and the bluejays were already down eating them. This is Squeaky and a friend. They always seem to be together now.
 The male and female cardinal showed up yesterday briefly. Pardon the blurry photo but it is so hard to get a clear photo of them.
 The female was just jumping off the top of the bird feeder hook.
 The robin's ate and bathed for awhile too.
My camera seems to have a hard time with red coloured birds! It is 8 or 9 years old so maybe I need to think about replacing it.

Much cooler today after a few warm days. We had about a minute of snow flurries a couple of hours ago. NOOOOOOOO! I'm not ready for that yet.

Just a stay-at-home weekend this weekend with Chuck painting many windowsills and trim.  I plan on cleaning out some closets and tidying the garage with some baking thrown in.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Take care.
Robin

Comments

  1. Lovely photos, Robin, even the blurry ones. I'm amazed at the geranium, even though I know they're hardy And I love that second squirrel shot -- ha! And such great news about Chaya, at least. My thoughts and prayers are with your cousin Elizabeth and her family and friends -- that means you too! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim Thanks! We are so pleased about Chaya's good news. It was wonderful to talk to her and hear her sounding so well. Continued hugs and good thoughts to you too!

      Delete
  2. I love that young black squirrel. Looks just like he is talking to you. All the bird pictures are really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised when I downloaded the photo and saw the black squirrel! I guess I caught him (her?) just as she was munching up the sun flower seeds.
      Have a great weekend Henny.

      Delete
  3. nice to get some good news for a change. I think the cats, birds and squirrels in your neighborhood think that you are Snow White :)
    catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caren, yes we were very pleased to get the good news.
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. I like your neighbour's window box. In fact, I like it so much I called my DH over to look at it and asked if he'd build me one just like it. IF I can. I even want to copy her arrangement of greens and....what are those 3 red things? I already have red willow branches so I think I can do this. We used to have a window box under the kitchen window but it got old and wasn't replaced.
    Have a nice baking/organizing Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi G.M, it is always a pleasure to look out and see my neighbours window boxes. The three red things are sumac branches. We have them here everywhere!
      Good luck with your box.

      Delete
  5. I'm sure the birds appreciated something sweet. : )
    Your neighbor has beautiful window boxes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The birds and squirrels are spoiled rotten here Karen!
      My neighbours window boxes are gorgeous. I always look forward to the changing of the seasons to see what she puts in her boxes.

      Delete
  6. I just love thise cute little black squirrels! Love seeing how all the birds come to visit too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts