"Let It Be."

Where do I begin? Well, our home took longer then we thought it would to sell. It has been a weird and wonderful real estate market this year.
Houses selling in a day and others languishing for months. Two of our neighbours, listed around the same time as us, are having no luck. One has given up and pulled it off the market but the other one is transferred so must continue to try.
We have an offer in on a house in a community (Brighton) around 10 minutes away but must wait until the first conditional offer is cleared.  Our plans to move to Vancouver Island now have been put on hold. As with many communities across Canada the housing prices there have risen. We watched as the houses we liked quickly were snatched up. Our plan is to do this mortgage free as we are now. With the housing prices continuing upwards we will stay put here for a few years and save, save, save!
 So at the end of August we will be on the move. I took the photo above and below in a park in Brighton. The community has two beautiful big parks for walking and a wonderful downtown. It is in the heart of Apple Country with apple orchards within walking distance. Chuck has gone back to work for a 4 month contract so will be working until the end of September. He has been offered a full time job there. It is tempting as the money is very good but his shoulder and knee are giving him grief so short term contracts are the way to go. I will keep you all updated on the house!
I planted tulips last Fall and then promptly forgot what colour they were! I love the pink.
I had the great pleasure of taking care of Toby and Oreo for three weeks while their parents toured Europe.
It was a joy as always. Only one mishap when Toby escaped from his collar while outside. Luckily it was a warm day so he just popped into the Iris's to keep cool and stayed put until I found him.
Oreo at 15 is rather arthritic and crotchety. She barely tolerates Toby, usually growling at him when he gets too close. She is very snuggly and loves to cuddle. Toby finally crawled up onto my lap for a cuddle the last week. I will miss these two very much!

 It has been a stressful three months since we started all this. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason. I hope it is revealed soon!

Take care and have a good weekend!
Robin

Comments

  1. How lovely to see a post, Robin. Your pics are terrific as usual, how awesome to get the heron! (I think it's a heron. LOL.)

    I hope all goes through with the offer on the house in Brighton. I looked at the MLS listing again (thanks for sending), so I could remember which one this was. :-D

    Hang in! "This, too, shall pass" was one of my mom's favourite sayings growing up.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim!
      We have a couple more hurdles to get through before everything is final. If the first couple cancel their offer we then have to do an inspection to make sure the house is good. Then if everything is good we finalize our offer.
      Nothing is simple anymore!

      Delete
    2. Apparently not! Makes me wonder how I'll ever manage selling my own townhouse in the future, let alone buying something else. I guess one step at a time!

      I hope there's a "plan D, or is it E" if the first couple don't cancel!

      Delete
    3. There are a few more houses to look at. As of this morning we still haven't heard anything.

      Delete
  2. You take fantastic pictures. I hope all goes well with your plans. Our niece just went through a similar stressful time. Their house sold in a few days, and the buyers wanted a quick closing and possession in nine days. My niece and her husband want to find a smaller place but with a bit of land, so they are in an apartment for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! We have looked into renting a house as another option. Expensive but could be done.

      Delete
  3. I am with you, things DO happen for a reason, also it'll all work out in the wash!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have your plans set in place well, I am sure everything is going to fall into place soon. I ADORE the first squirrel photo! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caren. We hope to have everything settled within the next couple weeks.

      Delete
  5. today's pictures are so gorgeous!! love them all but that squirrel one sure is amazing! hope all goes well with the housing.Its hard to wait that out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness for a sale. It's always a gamble, selling a house. As you wrote, one person's house may sell and another's not, and no one can figure out the reasons. You must be very relieved indeed. Now, for the move...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, now for the move! You don't realize how much stuff you have until you pack it into boxes!

      Delete
  7. The price of lots/houses here in BC is crazy. Last year my BIL and SIL put their house up for sale and sold it in THREE days for $20,000 more than they had listed it for. And it was just an ordinary bungalow type.Nothing special but it was on a big lot.
    Love the pink tulip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Houses around here are now getting thousands over the asking price in some cases.Crazy!
      I loved the pink tulips too.

      Delete
  8. Plans have a way of getting changed at times. Sounds like a beautiful place that you are moving to. Hope all goes well.
    Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts