"Cold Rain And Snow"

Snowball doesn't look too happy being outside in the cold rain and snow. Don't worry, she was let in right after I took this photo.
She is such a large cat. Look at the size of her feet! The cat's visiting seem to go in rotation. Sweet Pea has made himself scarce this last 10 days or so. I saw him eating at the outside food bowl's yesterday but he only stayed a minute or so. He doesn't want to come inside anymore and seems rather wild. Snowball comes in the afternoon's for a snack and cuddle.
One of the many squirrels enjoying a peanut.
I caught a small flock of Canada Geese just as the sun was going down.
Snowball does love Chuck!
Crows have been coming to snack on the peanuts I put out. I watched this one for a few minutes. He stuffed his mouth full of peanuts and flew into our neighbours yard. He then spat them out and ate just a couple. The rest he buried. I watched him plunge his beak into the grass, grab a peanut and put it in the hole, then push the dirt back over. He then grabbed a leaf and put that on top too. I didn't realize crows buried food. I must look up online more about crows.
I had a nice surprise this morning. On Facebook I posted this photo on a bird food company's contest page. They feature a different bird monthly and ask you to post your own photos of the bird. I got a notice this morning I had won November's contest. It is a random draw from all the photos they receive.
The prize is $25.00 in coupon's for their bird food. Nice way to start my day!

Otherwise it has been a pretty quiet week this week. Just regular chores and errands.

This Sunday into Monday we are supposed to get a real blast of winter with cold and snow. Thankfully Chuck doesn't have to work until Tuesday so driving should be better by then. I am NOT a winter driver and once the snow hits I don't do much driving unless the roads are clear. I had a bad accident in the snow when I was a teenager so winter driving does not thrill me.

I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend.
Take care.
Robin

Comments

  1. Snowball is such a beautiful cat. Smooches on that pink nose! :-)

    Nice timing with that flock of geese! I've seen them still flying overhead, and one small flock heading north on the weekend. I told them they were going in the wrong direction!

    I didn't know crows buried their food, either. Since they're quite intelligent, I hope their memory is better for finding the buried food than squirrels' memory for the same thing. Ha.

    Congrats on winning the draw! "Santa" will be good to the birds and squirrels this year, apparently. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, Snowballs is such a sweetie. She was just in with us for a half hour or so. Had a good snoop around the house, ate and cuddled too.
      I have noticed just as the sun is setting a few flocks of geese will fly over. We do have a good bit stay around because of Presquile but you wonder how they get enough food.
      I was so surprised when I received the notice that I had won the contest. They have such good quality bird food it will be hard to choose!
      Take care.

      Delete
  2. I can see why Snowball has the name, she really is very white. So interesting about the crow, I had no idea they buried food, though I know they're amongst the most intelligent birds, they can even use reason to work something out xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, Snowball is very beautiful. Such a sweet cat too. Well, except when Sweet Pea would get too close. She would give him a quick wallop. She doesn't get along with Miss Kitty either!
      Crows are such interesting birds. I must read up on them.
      Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  3. Snowball is sure a pretty cat.
    Crows are very smart. I watched a television show once about them. Really amazing birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowball is beautiful Karen. But Chuck and I are beginning to wonder if she is a stray too. She is getting to be quite dirty. I brush and clean her up when she comes in. That or she has negligent owners!
      Crow are very interesting. We had a family living in our back land when we lived in Nova Scotia. Always fascinating to watch.

      Delete
  4. That's interesting. The crows don't come so close here. We have a big forest...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn, thanks for stopping by!
      Only recently have I noticed the crows at the feeders. This is our first winter in this house so this could be a normal happening as the previous owners fed the birds too.
      Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  5. Snowball is gorgeous but I don't understand people who let their cats out just wandering. I am sorry but I have a huge problem with it. catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caren, I agree with you whole heartedly! I hate that all these cats are roaming around. A week or so ago Snowball ran right out in front of a car. Luckily the person was driving very slow so could stop in time.
      Take care.

      Delete
  6. I really want a cat like Snowball. She is gorgeous! I am not surprised that you won the contest. You really do get some good bird photos. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowball is a beauty. Just pure luck the bird photos I get. I sure delete a heck of a lot more that I keep!
      Have a good day.

      Delete
  7. Yay for you winning that contest. You do take pretty amazing photos. My DIL took some nice ones today which I'll be posting because I am just not great at pics myself.
    Interesting about crows hiding food. I did not know that. Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks G.M! I do love taking critter photos. I am looking forward to seeing DIL's photos.
      I was so surprised seeing the crow hiding his food but doing some research online it is pretty common.
      You stay warm and safe too!

      Delete
  8. That is wonderful about the contest. Congratulations!

    And Snowball is gorgeous. And yes, huge! Those paws are quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha, thanks! I was so surprised to win.
      Snowball is lovely. We think she must be part Maine Coon. She has many of the characteristics of the breed. She is a gentle giant!
      Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  9. I had a couple of ravens for about ten years. They also stash food for later retrieval. We had a little black dog at the same time and they seemed to like hiding food from each other or stealing it and re-burying the morsels. They all tried to be sneaky, but it was so much fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jono, thanks for sharing your story about your Ravens. It would be fun to watch all the sneaking around of food.
      When we lived in Nova Scotia, we lived in a small town where you knew everybody pretty well. An elderly gentleman had a raven that went everywhere with him. It sat on the headrest of the drivers seat as the man drove around and would wait in the car for him. The gentleman loved to talk about him and it was interesting to see how much they cared about each other.
      Hope you are doing well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts