"Touch The Sky"

I forgot to include this photo of this little sweetie in my last post. When Janice and I were at Applefest we noticed a booth set up with a local organization "Victory For Animals" This little sweetie along with an adorable puppy were up for adoption. We were happy to see this kitty was quickly scooped up by a lovely lady and going to a wonderful home that included a few other kitties.

All photos taken with old camera!
Bright and early Tuesday morning Kim (please visit her blog. She is much more organized than I am!) hopped off the train and away we went! First stop was the Reid's Dairy pond as we hadn't visited it since May. We were so surprised when we got there. Only a few ducks were swimming around in the pond and it was clear no animals had been there in quite awhile. In all the time we have lived here (30 years) I've never seen it like this. I must contact the dairy and find out what happened.
Sorry, blogger decided to put photos out of order! This is the sunrise over The Bay Of Quinte looking towards the yacht club.
Wednesday morning Kim and I drove Chuck to work. I wanted her to see the sunrise over the Bay and farm fields.
The two dots in the bottom centre are farm vehicles. They were harvesting this field. If you make the photo bigger you may be able to see them better!
Oh, back to the Dairy. The water was so calm, the reflections were lovely.
Not many birds living in there!
Sunrise through the trees.
Louie from the Northumberland Humane Society Thrift Store. He lives there full-time.
Kim and I packed a picnic lunch Tuesday and headed out. We stopped at a lovely old church and had lunch in the covered patio.
 The original church had burned down in the 1980's (I think!) and a small church was built in it's place. The original pump has survived.
Surrounding the church was a farm. We visited with the chickens and rooster for a few minutes. He kept a good watch on his girls!
We did so much over the two days I can't put it all in one post. Part two coming up!
Meanwhile at home Miss Kitty was busy. She was sitting on top of the fence watching a squirrel. She spotted me at the deck door and you can see what happened.
I thought she would just jump off the fence
She obviously does this often because she didn't hesitate one bit.
It was adorable to watch!
This photo I took with the new camera. Smokey is very willing to pose for me.

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend.
Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!
Take care.
Robin

Comments

  1. my hubby had a cat named smokey and this looks just like him. love all the kitty pics and glad the sweetie found a new home. those reflections are wonderful. my two favorites and they tie for first place are the rooster and the water pump. LOVE them equally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, the name Smokey just popped into my head when I first saw him back in March. He does seem to respond to it now.
      Glad you enjoyed the photos! It was such a beautiful day on Tuesday when I took them.
      Have a good day!

      Delete
  2. Hello, all the kitties are adorable. Looks like a fun time with your friend, lots to see. Pretty sky images and reflections. I like the rooster too. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, Kim and I did have a wonderful time! We try to pack so much into two days.
      Have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  3. What gorgeous and delightful cats, Robin! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, so glad you enjoyed the kitty photos. I find I take way too many and must just learn to put the camera down. 😝
      Have a good Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  4. Gee, Robin, I'm so organized that I haven't even done a post yet. :-D

    That kitten...! It would take enormous restraint not to have adopted him. What a cutie. So glad he found his forever home so quickly.

    Love the old pump, I didn't think to take a pic of it. And Miss Kitty's climbing prowess is evident! Though why she doesn't just jump down is beyond me. She has her own logic.

    It was a great two days, as always. I have so many pics I could post for weeks, but I'll have to be very selective. Challenging for me, when I want to post everything! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, I knew your post would be much more organized!
      The little kitty was adorable and despite the heat was very content in the ladies arms. We walked with he a few blocks back to her car and he didn't even struggle once.
      I was saying in response to Mildred's comment I might have to do a Part 3 too. So many great photos from the second day.
      Take care and talk soon!

      Delete
  5. Lovely atmospheric photos! Smokey's pic shows off his gorgeous fur!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like the photos. I was quite happy with the way Smokey's portrait turned out. He does have beautiful eyes.
      Hope all is well with you, your hubby and the kitties!

      Delete
  6. No matter if you use your old camera or the new one your pictures always look great!!
    I think my favourite is the sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Granny Marigold, thanks for the kind words about my photos. The night before Kim came I charged up both cameras to make sure I wouldn't run out of batteries. Both cameras cooperated over the two days which is a miracle. The sunrise was very beautiful that morning.
      Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  7. That kitten is adorable. I thought you were going to say that you adopted him. Glad he went to a good home. Your pictures are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Henny, the little kitten was adopted so quickly. His new "Mom" was a very nice lady.
      Glad you enjoyed the photos!
      Take care!

      Delete
  8. Robin, I have missed so much checking in. Life for me has been WAY too busy. But it should slow down now that I have moved from the shop to my little private studio. Guess what? I am spending the night with Henry Penny, my sweet mama. She is in the next room and I see she left you a comment too! I love the photos, as always. And oh that sweet little kitty in the first picture. Yay for a forever home! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smokey is a perfect model. Your excursion looks lovely! I especially like the look of the rooster. He has the coloring of a calico cat!

      Delete
    2. Hi Marcie, Smokey is very handsome especially now that he is eating properly. When he first started coming around in March he was so frightened looking, it was so sad to see. It took a good four minutes nth do before he stopped looked so scared. I can't pet him yet but he rubs his nose on my hand when I feed him.
      The rooster was pretty handsome and really stood guard over his girls.
      Have a good day!

      Delete
    3. Hi Lynn, so glad you were able to stop by! Your life has been so busy lately.
      Hope you had a lovely visit with your Mom. I would love to visit her little farm!

      Delete
  9. Such beautiful pictures, all. Smokey's "frosty" look is awesome, too. What great pics you've taken. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smokey has turned into quite a photogenic cat. He seems to love to pose so I am happy to take his photo!
      Glad you enjoyed the pics.
      Hope you are having a lovely Sunday!

      Delete
  10. Your photos are lovely. All of the cats are precious. How nice to enjoy a picnic together. I look forward to part 2. Happy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mildred,thanks for your kind words about my photos. Kim and I had such a wonderful time together. I might have to do a Part 3 as I have so many photos!
      Have a good day!

      Delete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving to YOU! Aw, I LOVE the kitty photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pom Pom, so glad you enjoyed the photos!
      Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!

      Delete
  12. Hope you and yours are having a wonderful Thanksgiving, Robin.
    Lovely photos as ever! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H Vix,thanks for the kind words. Hope you and Jon are having a good weekend too.
      Take care!

      Delete
  13. So glad the little cutie found a new home =)
    I wonder what happened at Reid's Dairy Pond?
    Miss Kitty is an accomplished acrobat!
    May I ask what type/brand your new camera is?
    Smokey is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie, I do keep meaning to phone Reid's Dairy and ask what happened with the pond. It was so sad to see it in such a state.
      Miss Kitty is very agile. I have seen her do some incredible things.
      My new camera is a Nikon D7500. It scares me a bit and I have so much to learn.
      Hope you are enjoying your time off!
      Take care.

      Delete
  14. Smokey's face fur is very interesting? Is he soft or does the fur feel kind of prickly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, I've never actually pet Smokey. He is very timid so I am taking it slowly. He has rubbed his head on my hand and that was soft though.
      Take care.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts