Furry Babies



With all the large old trees in our neighbourhood, naturally we have a lot of wildlife. Squirrels especially! I noticed a female squirrel visiting our feeders quite often so assumed she had a nest nearby. A few days ago I noticed these little guys visiting the feeders too. Originally there were three of them but our neighbours cat got one Monday morning. I know squirrels are not in short supply but it was still sad.

Work is progressing on the kitchen. Chuck took Tuesday off to be here as he had some questions about cabinet placement with the new wiring. I know a bit about wiring being an electrician's daughter and now a electrician's wife but nothing complicated.

Below Chuck is prepping the drywall repair behind the fridge prior to priming. Last night we placed the microwave in it's new home. I love it! The cupboard to Chuck's right is for brooms, cleaning supplies etc... There will be another lower cabinet under the microwave too.

Another beautiful day today. I hope you all can enjoy it. Take care.  Robin

Comments

  1. I know some people think Squirrels are a bother but the babies are so cute. You must be getting excited at getting a bit closer to be finished in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dad always called squirrels "Rats with furry tails" and this was a man who loved all creatures. I am a sucker for anything with fur or feathers. We are very happy to see the light at the end of the tunnel with the kitchen!

      Delete
  2. I do like squirrels too. With the exception of the "evil" Mr. Squirrel behind our fence, in the trees on the neighbours' side. He does like to torment Nicki and Derry!

    You're going to have *real* cabinets...installed properly! Woohoo! Don't take that for granted--seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squirrels do love to torment. We had a chipmunk at our other house that would come right up to the sliding glass door and peer in at our cat. She went crazy!I feel really blessed that we are able to get this new kitchen. We (mostly Chuck) have worked hard for the last month getting everything ready for the install and now it has paid off. We love it!

      Delete
  3. I'm not much of a squirrel fan. They can do a lot of damage. I call them tree rats. They are cute to watch though.

    Must be so nice getting closer and closer to your finished kitchen. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have witnessed firsthand the damage they can cause but I couldn't resist taking a picture of the babies. It is great to be almost done the kitchen!

      Delete
  4. Very cute squirrels! I only have red ones on the farm.... they chase away the greys!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any red squirrels here. We were overrun with them when we lived in Nova Scotia. Very cute but so destructive!. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  5. I love black squirrels. We don't have any, but there are some about a mile away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only started seeing black squirrels when we moved here. I grew up with the grey ones. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Those black squirrels are so furry and pretty. I'm sorry too that one was killed. I do love squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. The remaining two were eating again this morning at the feeders.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts