"Hello" 

Hi everyone, or maybe that should be anyone! A friend ( Here you go Doug!) recently asked me about starting up my blog again. It has been on my mind to write a post for awhile. Just a little update of our life.



My Mum is doing pretty good. She lives in a small apartment in a retirement community and loves it.  She turned 88 years old this year. She had a health scare a couple months ago. Sickest I have ever known her to be in all my life. We all were very worried but she pulled through. Still very crisp and loves to hear what we all are doing. 

Chuck still continues to work full time as an electrician. 62 this year so his time at work is ending soon. As it stands right now he will retire in August of next year.

I am fine, still enjoying our new life. Right now gardening, baking, reading and taking care of the different cats takes up most of my days.  We are incredibly blessed to live in a wonderful neighbourhood where we all know each other.  A few elderly neighbours have moved away but the new neighbours are great.

Snowball
Punkin
Sweet Pea
Smokey

Cat wise a few have disappeared. Smokey has been gone since October of 2018. That was hard. Sweet Pea moved away with his family last September. As I write this Snowball is crashed on his blanket on our front porch. Punkin still comes around occasionally, he seems to have a family now.  A new cat Spot has joined the crew and comes every morning for breakfast. Miss Kitty became a member of our family a couple years ago. She adjusted very well to living (mostly) inside and isn't spoiled rotten one bit.😁 

Miss Kitty

I continue to enjoy getting out and taking photos. Luckily I have a wonderful friend who enjoys it too, Kim from "Musings on a Small Life".  We have been friends for almost 8 years now and I am so glad she is part of our lives.






Well, if you read this far , thank you! 
 I will be back occasionally to talk to you all.
Until next time, take care.💕

Robin



Comments

  1. What an awesome surprise! Robin, so happy to see the revival of A Birds Life, this was great. Very glad to read your mom is doing well and that's nice to see her here. Love the photo of you and Chuck! You weren't kidding about him not looking his age, but you look terrific too. Love the cat photos I can't get enough of them, and that duckling..wow. I'm very glad we're friends. 🙂♥️✌️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doug, as I said I had been thinking about it for awhile and you gave me the nudge to do it. Goodness, it took me an hour and a half! I had forgotten how to do everything. Thank you for your kind words.❤️

      Delete
  2. Wow, Robin, a post! I've actually thought about removing your blog from my feed (I use Feedly), but I'm glad I haven't. (I do a clear out of inactive blogs from time to time.) Such a nice surprise this morning, and I do hope you post once in a while. No pressure, though, it always should be "blogging without obligation" and done only if you really WANT to. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, I thought you would be surprised! I think I will post once in awhile, I find I do miss it.
      See you soon!❤️

      Delete
  3. Just came over to see if you are blogging again after reading your email.
    Hope your mom is doing okay.
    Nice to see all the pictures!!
    Hope you continue blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts