Bad Hair Day



Well for me it was anyway! It is really windy here today but sunny. Chuck and I walked this morning before he went to work but it was such a nice morning I drove down to the Bay and walked along one of the trails. I have lived my whole life near water. I grew up a block away from Lake Ontario. Then we spent a number of years living near the Bay of Quinte. Next we lived near Lawrencetown Beach outside of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Now we are back on the Bay of Quinte. I have always been able to walk to a body of water,which I am very thankful for. These turtles were sunning themselves quite near the shore. I love the wee one.

The photo below is opposite to the wall  I posted yesterday. I think I will put my little toaster oven on the counter below the microwave. It is stainless steel too so it will match. The measuring for the granite countertop went well. He thinks it will just be two weeks. Fingers crossed!

I hope the weather is nice where you are and you can get out and enjoy it. Take care.
                                                                  Robin

Comments

  1. Love the turtles and your new cabinets! I have cabinet envy! :-)

    You lived near Lawrencetown Beach? Cool. Now, if that was anywhere between 1980 and 1996, the years I spent living in Halifax, I'll shake my head at the coincidence. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, Thanks for the kind words. We lived in Nova Scotia from 2000 to 2004 so we missed each other by a few years. It was so beautiful there. We lived on an acre lot and had a huge garden. But my Dad developed Parkinson's and my Mom was really struggling to care for him alone so we got transferred back to Ontario. I would love to visit again soon.

      Delete
  2. loving the look of your new kitchen, can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill, we are getting antsy to see it finished too!

      Delete
  3. Ah love the turtles.
    I really like the freezer drawer at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the freezer drawer at the bottom too. Very convenient.

      Delete
  4. That kitchen is coming along really well.
    The turtles are just terrific. Love how they line up on a log or what ever. You all have a great week end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just literally stumbled across these turtles. They stayed put for about a minute too so I could take a number of pictures.

      Delete
  5. I'm envious. Whenever we are on vacation, we try to stay near water so that I can wake up very early each morning and take a long walk. I wish I lived near a river or lake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are really blessed. We have a number of walking trails along the Bay that are just beautiful.

      Delete
  6. The turtles are so cute. We have a few turtles in our pond but I can never get a picture. They all go into the water if I walk too close. our kitchen is looking really pretty. How can I follow your blog? :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never have been able to get that close to turtles. They must have been really enjoying the sun and were reluctant to move. I have a button above the"About Me" on the right side if you want to subscribe by email. I am not terribly computer savvy so I will have to figure out about allowing Followers! Thanks for dropping by again.

      Delete
  7. It's me again. I've just enjoyed catching up reading all of your posts I've missed. Where have I been??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you caught up on all the posts. You are so busy in your beautiful house and yard!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts