A Do Nothing Day.

 A quiet day today. A few errands to do in Belleville and then home to do some painting. Well, not me. Chuck is giving the family room a final coat of paint after painting the crown moulding yesterday.
I managed to catch the male Redwing Blackbird feeding a sunflower seed to his baby. I love the blur of his wings.
 Chippy was there too cramming peanuts into his mouth. I don't think he could fit another one in.
 The squirrels have discovered the small birdbath on the back deck.
 This is our cat Sam drinking from it at our old house. She loved to come out on the deck in the morning and always made a beeline for the birdbath to have a drink. Yes, she was a little on the chunky side! This photo was taken last summer about one month before she died. We still miss her so much.
After the squirrel had a drink he then proceeded to dig in the flower pot. If you look closely you can see all the dirt on his head. He got shooed out of there very quickly!

 The temperature is finally starting to come down outside with some rain possible over the next few days. It is a holiday weekend here this weekend. We don't have anything exciting planned. The traffic is usually pretty crazy on the highways so we try not to travel on holiday weekends.

Take care.

                                                            Robin

Comments

  1. The young redwing blackbird makes me think of Nicki, yeowling and "squawking" at me to hurry up with the food. Parenthood is challenging, no matter what species. :-)

    I'm laughing at Chippy! No, I can't imagine how he'd fit anymore into his cheek pouches. LOL. Too cute!

    Sam looks like she was a lovely girl. Nothing wrong with being a bit chunky, or so Derry would say.

    BTW, your flower baskets look really good! Most of mine have crisped up, two I've already chucked out (dead). Only the impatiens are holding on and still looking halfway okay. Not great, but okay. I missed the boat on annuals this year, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny the little things you miss when a pet dies. I do miss hearing Sam squeaking (she squeaked more than meowed) for her food.
      Chippy was hilarious. He kept trying to cram one more in!
      I was so accustomed to a chubby cat that normal weight cats look strange to me!
      Thanks for the complement on my flower pots. The squirrel must be digging in them regularly because when I went to water them this morning more dirt had been pushed out. My impatiens are still looking pretty good too.
      I hope you have a nice time at your wedding tomorrow, Kim. It is not supposed to be too hot so you should be fine in pants. Take care and talk soon.

      Delete
  2. your photos are precious! Sam was such an adorable cat and I LOVE the squirrels and chipmunk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caren! I do love taking them. Sam was very adorable. Just an all around sweet cat. Have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  3. Wow that chipmunk had a full mouth!!! : )
    It is nice to have a quiet day at home. I think I'm having one of them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so funny how much they can cram into their mouths!
      Hope you enjoyed your at home day today! Take care.

      Delete
  4. Good to hear that your temperatures just might be cooling. I agree that traffic this weekend will be horrendous and staying home is a good idea, We plan on going camping leaving on Tuesday!! Just for a couple of days though. You got a great shot of the papa Blackbird feeding his fledgling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi G.M., our temperatures cooled off nicely overnight last night so it is quite a bit cooler today. What a relief!
      I hope you have a great time on your camping trip!

      Delete
  5. That squirrel with the dirt on his head really is funny. There's no telling what he buried in with your flowers. Probably a kernel of corn that will come up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to bury lots of sunflower seeds. We have little sunflowers all over the yard!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts