People Gotta Move.

Raccoon tracks in the backyard. They look like little hands.
Well, we did it! We put our home up for sale.
Ms Tippy enjoying her peanuts a few days ago.
After much talking and dithering back and forth we decided to try.
I haven't killed the orchid yet! It even has new buds.
I am not getting my hopes up at all. It takes an average of 91 days to sell a house in our town. I will go nuts if we have to wait that long! As most of you have probably sold a house or two in your time you will understand what I mean.
Chickadee.
Stressful, waiting for calls for people to come to view your home. Keeping the house immaculately clean all the time.
Toby last Sunday.
This time we have not purchased our next house before we sold our present home so if this home does not sell we can try again next year.
Squirrel enjoying some dried cranberries.
I will keep you all updated!
Butterscotch today.
We are expecting a winter storm over the next 30 hours or so. Quite a bit of snow and high winds. I went out before 7:00 this morning and filled all the feeders and put down treats for everybody.
Jean Luc, yes, I am a Trekkie!
Very shortly afterwards the Blue Jays came and cleaned up all the peanuts. Then all the other critters descended.
Ms. Cardinal
We went out and got groceries and ran a few errands. Many other people had the same idea judging by the amount of people in the stores.
Mr. Cardinal
After a few warm days the temperature fell last night and we had a rather cold walk today. We have hardly any snow but that will be changing shortly!
Ms. Tippy savouring her peanuts this morning.
Ms. Tippy seems to have figured out if she comes early she can have her choice of food I put out. She comes much earlier than the other squirrels. When I see her in the backyard I go out and she runs over to me. I toss her a big handful of peanuts which she pounces on. No, she's not spoiled!

I hope everyone has a good week.
Take care.
Robin

Comments

  1. I really do think your home will sell quickly, Robin. Fingers crossed! I'm sure a lot of homes AREN'T immaculate when viewed -- yours definitely is.

    Love the raccoon tracks and the chickadee in flight--especially the chickadee! That's my favourite of your photos today. :-)

    Hunker down and stay in tomorrow. Let's hope we don't get the amount that's being forecast. I might be only an hour away, but oh, we have FAR too much snow on the ground right now! Lake effect, lake effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, I hope so!
      The Chickadee photo was a fluke. It was dashing around so much I couldn't get a photo of it sitting still.
      We plan on staying home tomorrow. I have to catch up on my baking!
      Take care and stay safe!

      Delete
  2. I hope the storm that's headed your way won't be as severe as predicted. Winter's last gasp? Let's hope so.
    It will be interesting to see how many people will come to view your house and how quickly it will sell. For many years my DH would build a house, we'd move in while he finished it then put it up for sale and we'd start all over again. That was the only way to get to the point of being mortgage free. Now the cost of houses has risen so much I don't think that method would work. Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it is winters last gasp. It might be too early for that!
      Some people here still will buy older homes, renovate them and flip them quickly without ever living in them. My Mum's old house is a perfect example. She sold it for $180,000 and a year later it was sold for $250,000 after the renovations.
      Take care.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with selling your home...but I am going to miss the beautiful photos of the visitors to your garden.. Heres hoping your new place offers you just as special company ;)

    Stay warm...and stay safe

    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phoebe! I hope to have a whole different variety of critters to take photos of.
      Take care!

      Delete
  4. Where do you have your heart set to go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronna, we are hoping to go to Vancouver Island. If that doesn't work out for some reason we would think about going back to my hometown of St.Catharines.

      Delete
    2. ?? Is there any question? You can make it happen! Besides, if you stay in Ontario, you're stuck with winter. LOL.

      Delete
    3. We very much want to go to the island but for some reason if it doesn't work out we better have a back up plan!😄

      Delete
  5. Good luck with selling your house. : ) Hope it goes quickly and you get your asking price. At least you don't have to deal with a time frame, that should make it less stressful for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I imagine this is something you have done a few times! If we sell, that's great, if we don't we aren't heartbroken.

      Delete
  6. wishing you the best of luck! The storm you are waiting for is now in the Detroit area and should be out of here by midnight...then it will be heading your way! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caren! We ended up only getting a dusting of snow. It went all around us. We heard you got quite a bit.

      Delete
  7. Best of luck getting that home sold and i sure enjoy seeing all your little creatures eating!! Theyre so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I take WAY too many photos of all the critters!

      Delete
  8. Good luck in the sale. Having just sold my house, I know the stresses involved. I don't know whether I disliked the selling - with constant cleaning, viewings, strangers in my home - or the moving, but at least the latter meant the the place was sold. What sort of new home do you have in mind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, I didn't see your comment. I HATE the stress of selling! Moving I don't mind, we have done it more than a few times. We are looking at a smaller bungalow. We don't want so many levels as we get older. Hard on the knees!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts